- “Content” is information, materials and other content, including, but not limited to, video, sounds, text, and designs.
- “Transaction” means any exchange requiring a financial payment that is initiated by a Consumer.
- “Consumer” refers to any Internet visitor or user of CUCollaborate, namely a person that seeks to use and engage with CUCollaborate Content.
- “Visitor” refers to any individual Internet browser that may view any portion of the Site, particularly public portions of the Site that do not require registration.
Non-Personally Identifying Information
- Information Collected from Visitors. CUCollaborate collects certain information from all Visitors that is not personally identifiable. This information includes, but is not limited to, the Consumer’s Internet service provider (ISP), Internet protocol (IP) address, including applicable location, Internet browser type and version and operating system (OS). Other information collected includes the date and time of a Visitor’s exit and entry on the Site, the names and addresses of referral sites, the specific pages a Visitor chooses to visit on the Site and certain search terms that a Visitor may have employed to find the Site.
- Use of Information from Visitors. Information collected from Visitors is used for purposes of internal reviews, including, but not limited to, traffic audits, tailoring of pages to a particular Consumer’s technology environment, analyzing traffic and search trends, generating aggregate demographic information and general Site administration. This information may be shared in an aggregate form with advertisers and other third parties with a legitimate interest in the data. This aggregated data is anonymous and does not allow third parties to identify any Visitor personally.
Personally Identifying Information
- Registration by Children Prohibited. Pursuant to the CUCollaborate Consumer Terms of Service, only Consumers 13 years and older may register for an account with CUCollaborate. Pursuant to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), CUCollaborate generally does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Upon notice that CUCollaborate has inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from a child under thirteen, CUCollaborate will take all reasonable steps to remove such information from its records as quickly as reasonably possible.
- Information Collected from Consumers. CUCollaborate may allow Consumers to provide certain types of personally identifiable Content, such as:
- Personal Information, such as, but not limited to, name, e-mail address, birthdate, postal address, country of residence, year of birth, gender, personal interests and similar identifying information.
- Personal Content, such as pictures, video or other intellectual property a Consumer may own. Consumers understand and agree that CUCollaborate shall have an absolute license and right to use, copy, distribute, or otherwise display Consumer provided Content on CUCollaborate, as well as third-party sites with whom CUCollaborate may have agreements.
- Location Information, using tools like global positioning systems (GPS), Wi-Fi, or cellular tower proximity, for purposes of providing relevant Content based on your physical location.
- Communications with Consumers from CUCollaborate. Information collected from Consumers may be used by CUCollaborate for purposes of communicating with Consumers, including, but not limited to, sending a Consumer occasional e-mail messages from CUCollaborate, corresponding with Consumers via email in response to Consumer inquiries, providing services a Consumer may request, sharing the Consumer’s information with selected third-parties, and otherwise managing a Consumer’s account.
- Consumers may opt-out of future promotional mailings from CUCollaborate by employing methods provided in the below section entitled Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information.
- Even where a Consumer chooses to opt-out from promotional mailings, Consumers will continue to receive administrative emails related to the usage and functionality of the Site.
- Use of IP Addresses from Consumers. IP addresses collected with personally identifiable information may be employed by the Site for identity, safety and security purposes. Such uses include, but are not limited to, identifying specific Consumers or preventing access to the Site based on a Consumer’s IP address.
- Consumer Historical Data. CUCollaborate maintains a historical record for each Consumer. This historical record may include, but is not limited to, prior Transactions, account history, Site activities and related data. This data may be employed to assist the Site in identifying potential liabilities, resolving disputes, troubleshooting problems and enforcing all terms of the Site. These data sets cannot be completely removed for any reason, including Consumer request.
- Security. CUCollaborate employs commercially reasonable security methods to secure Consumers’ privacy, including, but not limited to, third-party encryption of payment forms, password protected file systems and similar means of protection, designed to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under the control of CUCollaborate. While CUCollaborate takes commercially reasonable security precautions, the Site is not responsible for data breaches of third parties, such as payment processors, web hosts or advertising providers.
- Voluntary Public Disclosure. The Site may include features, such as, but not limited to, Consumer listings, Consumer Content, discussion forums, blog comment forms and related tools that allow Consumers to publicly share information about themselves. Any information a Consumer discloses in these areas may be publicly available on the Internet. Such information may be read, collected, or used by other Internet users. CUCollaborate is not responsible for personally identifiable information a Consumer may choose to publicly disclose.
- Third Party Websites. This Policy applies only to information collected by CUCollaborate. The Site may contain links to other third party web sites that are not owned or controlled by CUCollaborate. These sites control their own privacy practices and are not bound by this Policy. CUCollaborate is not responsible for the information or services provided on third party sites, nor is it responsible for the privacy practices or content of their sites.
- Disclosure. CUCollaborate reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by legal mandate, including, but not limited to, compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process lawfully served on CUCollaborate. Disclosure may also occur in order to prevent or report suspected fraud or suspected illegal activities. CUCollaborate may also disclose information in other circumstances that CUCollaborate believes in good-faith requires disclosure.
- Ownership of Data. CUCollaborate may use or employ any personally identifiable information that may be collected. Such information may be used for any legal purpose, which may include marketing purposes. Were CUCollaborate to engage in a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred.
- Opt-Out and Modification of Provided Information. Consumers may opt-out of communications from CUCollaborate. CUCollaborate will provide a method via which Consumers may request that their contact information be modified or removed to preclude future communications from CUCollaborate.
- Contact Information. Any notice or other communication regarding this Policy shall be written. Notices sent to CUCollaborate shall be sent to 1729 D Street SE, Washington, DC 20003.