riginally founded on October 31, 1938 as West Branch Federal Credit Union, the credit union was built by the employees of Pennsylvania Power and Light Company (PPL). Located on the corner of Hepburn and 4th Street in Williamsport, PA, the credit union started serving PPL employees within their Williamsport division. The first annual meeting was held in January 1939 to adopt the bylaws for the credit union. Over the years, West Branch continued to grow geometrically as it broadened its field of membership, added a wide range of products & services, and established its reputation as a strong and trustworthy financial institution. In January 1969, West Branch Federal Credit Union merged with another PPL credit union, SusqVal Federal Credit Union, who serviced the Sunbury, PA region. After the merger the credit union moved from its Williamsport location to their new home at the Montoursville PPL Service Center. At that time, the employees of PPL felt they needed a name that would identify themselves more with their PPL members. They changed their name to PALCO FCU--derived from Power and Light Company. PALCO began to flourish, and soon experienced another merger in June of 1990 with WABASH/Sylvania Federal Credit Union. This merger was significant in the history of PALCO. For the first time, WABASH/Sylvania brought to PALCO a field of membership outside the employees of PPL. With the success of this expanded membership, in 1994 PALCO opened its doors to a variety of Select Employee Groups (SEGs) and has been experiencing exponential growth ever since. With PALCO's newborn success, PALCO decided to build its newest home in August 1999, a 5,000-sq/ft. building in Muncy, PA.
Checking AccountOnline BankingMobile AppDebit CardsCredit CardsAuto Loans